Below are some benefits and tips of Natural Hair Wigs.......
- The hair is protected from UV rays and other environmental chemicals.
- Less manipulation equals less breakage and damage. Length! Length! Length!
- Versatility: allows you to change up your look from good girl to bad girl.
- Low maintenance. Less styling required equals more time to do the things you love.
- Since you're not washing and shampooing weekly, knotting and shedding is minimized. There is a danger of having excess build-up, lint and matting that can cause serious problems. Try to at least rinse the scalp every 2 weeks.
- Opt for a hair texture that is close to your curl pattern. Wearing straight hair can damage your curls due to styling with flat irons and curl irons.
- Expose as little hair as possible. The more hair that is protected the better.
- If the hair is too tight, for instance if your eyes are now squinted then the hair is too tight and may cause permanent damage. One of the main causes of hair loss in African American women are as a result of tightly sewn in weaves or braids.
- Try to keep the style in for as long as possible. The longer you keep the hair in the more length retention. A period of 3-4 weeks or longer is good.